Traditionally a nose job is called rhinoplasty. The procedure involves incisions in the columella or nostrils and through these openings the surgeon manipulates cartilage and bone to straighten, shorten or slim the nose.
The Non surgical rhinoplasty is a procedure that uses dermal fillers to achieve reshaping of the nose without surgery. Downside of the procedure is that not all nose concerns can be addressed non-surgically. We can straighten the nose, lift the tip, remove any bumps but can’t reduce the size or height of nose.
What does a non surgical rhinoplasty procedure involve?
- Topical numbing is applied for 20-30 min.s to help reduce the pain of the injections.
- A dermal filler is injected under the skin to camouflage defects.
- The results of the treatment are immediately visible.
- The length of time results will last depends on individual factors but usually you’ll need to reinject after 1 year.
- There is usually some swelling after the treatment and sometimes there are minor bruises, which go away in 1-2 weeks time.
What Treatments Are Suitable For A Non Surgical Approach?
- A flat bridge: typical of Asian ethnicity dermal filler placement can create a subtle increase in height
- Slightly crooked nose
- Bump or hook on the bridge of the nose can be camouflaged
- Nose that appears too large or too small in comparison with other facial features
- Nose that is crooked or off-center
- Nose that was injured so that the it is asymmetrical
- Nose that needs refinement after surgical rhinoplasty