Food is packets of energy measured in calories. First rule of staying in shape: Know your quota! Be vigilant count your calories.
If you are trying to loose weight, amount consumed daily should not exceed 1000 to 1500 cals/day.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables as part of your meals and in between snacks. They will provide you with much required fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Make healthy soups and salads a staple with your meals.
- Traditional eating of three dates to break the fast, as the prophet did, helps suppress the appetite and creates dietary balance. Dates are rich in sugar, fiber, carbohydrates, potassium and magnesium.
- To avoid over eating and wrong food group choices start with 2-3 glasses of water. Water fills up the stomach and gives you a feeling of fullness.
- Follow with a good serving of salad & soup. It will fill you up further and your cravings for food will go down.
- Finish off with 100gms of grilled/baked or poached protein (fish, chicken or any other type of meat). This way your meal will be balanced and you will not experience muscle loss as most dieters do.
Happy & Healthy Ramadan Everyone!!