Hair dyes, highlights and hot irons rule modern day well coiffured manes and over time most of us have realized that taking care of regnant hair is a complicated business. If you happen to be an ardent fan of hair grooming with all the newfangled paraphernalia attached with coloring, straightening and blow-drying, and your hair constantly feels dry, dull, frizzy, and unmanageable, then look no further to blame - aim your gaze directly at your bad hair grooming practices.
Want Healthy Hair? – You Need To Nip These Top Causes Of Hair Damage In The Bud:
· Bleaching: Bleaching hair penetrates the cuticle with chemicals and removes your natural pigment. It changes the structure of your hair, making it more susceptible to damage. Once you bleach, you've altered the strength of your hair, making it weaker. To add insult to the injury, if you practice blow-drying and styling on top of bleaching, you can really damage your 'do, causing hair breakage, a dull look, and split ends.
· Perms: Perming refers to either a chemical straightening or a chemical curling. It works by breaking the inner bonds of the hair and re-forming them back together in a different way. Like bleaching, it weakens the hair, leaving it dull and damaged over time so that instead of luxurious curly locks or shiny straight tresses your hair looks dry and brittle.
· Highlights & Coloring: Highlights and semi-permanent dyes aren't as damaging as bleach, good news I know, but they aren't without consequences. They can also change the inner structure of the hair, causing a lackluster look and dryness, especially if you frequently color to hide roots or gray hair.
· Flat Iron & Blow-drying: Heat causes temporary changes to the hydrogen bonds that hold hair together, and that can make hair look kinky and dull. Over time, the temporary changes can lead to more permanent damage especially if you tend to blow dry or iron on a daily basis.
· Ponytails & Braids: Ponytails and braids can cause hair to break, particularly if your style is pulled tightly and if you wear it that way every day, permanent hair damage can occur. Braiding or putting your hair in a ponytail when it's wet can also cause damage because wet hair is more fragile.
· Over-brushing: Think 100 strokes a day will make your hair shiny and full? Think again. Over-brushing your hair can cause split ends and breakage. With careless over brushing you can inflict too much consistent friction, which your hair might find difficult to handle. Cheap brushes don't help either, causing snags and tangles that are hard to get out and result in broken hair and split ends.
· Over-shampooing: The goal of shampooing is to cleanse the scalp and remove oil buildup on your hair. But over-washing can wash away your hair's natural moisture that helps your hair look healthy, making your hair dry. Although a significant amount of research has gone into making shampoos beneficial for your hair, you can still get too much of a good thing.
My Flawless Hair Product Search
Slave to the grooming rhythm and hopeful for a hair revelation, each pilgrimage to the local/international pharmacies, I keep looking for miracle products that would transform my hair into luscious locks making bad hair days and frizz a thing of the past. When I was almost convinced that short of chopping my Rupunzel mane to a tomboy short there was no other option left, I came across Phyto hair products and guess what? I am still sporting long braids and flowy tresses.
Come Hither And Meet My Hair Hero - Phyto
Everyone knows that taking care of your hair means starting with the right shampoo. PHYTO has an amazing range of shampoos and conditioners that cater to so many different types of hair and are color-safe, paraben, and silicone free.
Trick to picking correct shampooing routine is, knowing what your mane needs precisely. I for e.g. have oily scalp and my long tresses are dried and damaged thanks to my color cravings and fascination with hair styling gadgets. To minimize the damage caused by my bad hair habits I use two kinds of shampoos simultaneously one to zap oil and cleanse my scalp properly and one to cleanse, condition and nourish my long dry, damaged and colored locks.
Phytocedrat Purifying Treatment Shampoo - For oily scalp
Intense hydration brilliance shampoo – For dry hair - PHYTOJOBA
I have tried gazillion serums and hair nourishing products, one product that has won me over with first application is: SECRET DE NUIT. This miracle cream goes to work as you sleep to regenerate the hair fiber deep down. Upon waking you’d find hair is delicately scented, regenerated and protected. It is shiny, supple and manageable. I tested SECRET DE NUIT personally and trust me when I say upon waking, my hair looked and felt repaired, soft and regenerated.
Hydrating regenerating night treatment - SECRET DE NUIT plus it is a perfect companion to Phytojoba shampoo.
If the damage runs deeper - what to do?
Avoid harsh hair products and practices for one and if you’re suffering from hair fall and dandruff see a dermatologist and get checked for any health deficiencies or discrepancies. Any ailment or damage to the hair root eventually shows up as bad textured hair. If serum Iron or vitamin D are lacking take supplements. If any thyroid related problem lies in the background get it fixed by taking proper medications and keep the problem under wrap with periodic medical checkups.